8 Days Of Sun, Nature & Adventure In Oaxaca
- December 26 - January 2
(85* F Avg. High / 65* F Avg. Low)
- Daily rides to visit 7 pristine beaches
- Mangrove boat tour of UMA (Sustainable Forestry Initiative) featuring crocodiles, iguanas, birds, deer, and various flora and fauna of this ecologically diverse region.
- Boat tour in the open ocean to see dolphins, sea turtles and (if we are lucky) whales
- two remote beaches only accessible by sea
- snorkeling and (if bravery moves you) cliff diving
- Ground transportation from Mexico City for you and your bike
- 8 days, 7 nights accommodations in beach side cabanas.
- Two boat tours (mentioned above)
- Professional Guides
- Insurance in tours and transportation
Cost (in US Dollars):
- $699 cabin with shared bathroom
- $749 cabin with private bathroom
- (optional) $250 bike & helmet rental for 8 days
Experience the customs and lifestyle of people in the beautiful subtropical costal region of one of Mexico's southernmost states of Oaxaca from our launch point in the small town of Ventanilla. Ride through the sunny pristine beaches of a still mostly undiscovered part of the Pacific coast. Wake up to jumping whales, playing dolphins and the sounds of crashing warm water waves.
We will be riding on bike, touring seven of the most beautiful beaches in Latin America. Every day a new beach. We will start with La Ventanilla, bike to Mazunte, Zipolite, and others finally finishing with La Boquilla - a beach famous for his golden sands.
Relax inside of beautiful and comfortable cabins in an ecological reserve started by and maintained by the local community. Eat fresh and foods locally prepared
A Private Tour Inside A Real Sustainable Wildlife Preserve
On the second day, after having a tasty breakfast we will be given a guided tour through mangroves seeing crocodiles, iguanas, birds, deer, and diverse flora. This biological preserve was started by local residents to protect the important mangroves that are the home of diverse wildlife, and serve as a breeding ground for marine and land animals alike.
A few days later, we will take a short trip on the high seas to observe turtles, dolphins and, fingers crossed, whales on our way to visit two more beaches. Snorkeling and cliff diving options are included at these very remote locations. Finishing the day with the gorgeous sunset on the beach while we enjoy a bonfire and peace of the warm water waves.
Help Newborn Turtles Reach The Sea For The First Time
While in Oaxaca, it's highly probable that small baby turtles to be born. We can join the turtle preservation society of Oaxaca in helping them reach the ocean for the first time. This is a once in a lifetime experience that also ensures the preservation of the Olive Ridley sea turtle.